Friday, November 12, 2010

Home Schooling

Home schooling has been a blessing and a challenge. I don't think that you can have one without the other. Everyday there is something new and always a million things to do. Sometimes I mourn my old life and schedule, with all the freedom that I had to do what "I" wanted. But that is focusing on the negative and not what things I do have now. I love our leisurely mornings and snuggling for scripture reading when the sun is just coming up and then making a big breakfast if we want to or not. I love teaching Foster to read and experience so much joy when he finally "gets it". I love having Abigail sit on my lap when we do history together and come up with sentences about Julius Cesar. I love reading every episode of Lilly's Stick Comic. I love suffering with Andrew through one of his Intermediate Language Skills test and then getting 100%. Life has defiantly been a challenge of balance, where is my place, and what can I realistically do. I hope that we have gotten into a new grove with our schedule but as soon as I say that something changes. Oh well I guess that's life. I am enjoying learning with the kids and not enjoying learning things about myself that I need to work on. In the long run I know that it will be worth it. I am just practicing living in the "now", which sounds easy but is turning out to be very difficult for me.

The kids and I made a compromise. If I took pictures of their art projects and put them on the blog so they got in the book then we didn't have to keep all of them.

Abigail's Abstract Dog

Lilly's Rock Star

Abigail's Dinosaur

Andrew's Indian Mud Hut

1 comment:

Erin'nJeremy said...

I'm glad you're not just taking the easy way out but that you're trying to do the very best thing for your kids! I want to be like you! I'm glad I have wonderful older siblings to look up to!