Sunday, April 25, 2010

Attack of the Kool-aid


Right after we took those lovely pictures it was time to fix dinner. I put Pearl down on the floor to play with toys and started to set the table. We were just sitting down to eat when Pearl made a choking noise and we all stopped in our tracks to listen. After two seconds she made a "ba ba ba" talking noise so we all went about what we were doing thinking that she just gagged herself with her finger. A little into dinner she screamed and Andrew went to go get her even though I was protesting him leaving the table after one cry. As soon as he got over to where she was he started yelling "mommy, mommy, mommy" which made me run. Pearl had gotten a hold of a packet of Kool-aid, thanks to her helpful brother Foster, who had 10 minutes before been following me around begging that we have Kool-aid for dinner. After he got tired of mom saying no I guess he put the packet down on the coffee table and Pearl grabbed it off there. It scared Andrew half to death to see her covered in red "blood" (well what he thought was blood anyway). The problem was that as I tried to wash her off the Kool-aid powder spread all over staining as it went. Andrew grabbed the camera but didn't have it in auto mode because I had left it in another mode to take pictures of Pearl seen below. She looked funny for a while stained in Kool-aid, but luckily things are back to normal. Hopefully helpful brothers will not find the Kool-aid again, and mommies will put them one shelf higher.


2 comments:

TrishAnderson said...

I can only imagine how it looks to a child. I think it would be scary. Luckily it was nothing more.

Sara Adams said...

So cute! This reminded this of my sisters kiddo...http://haagfamilystory.blogspot.com/2009/10/happy-halloween_31.html