Tuesday, April 20, 2010

This is how you know that you have been watching too many versions of "Alice in Wonderland"

Yesterday Foster informed me that he was going to play in the snow. Amused I asked him where and he said he was going to crawl through a hole. I left it at that until later in the evening when he was asking me for a screw driver and then red flags went flying. We have a water wall in our pantry that has an acess hole to get to pipes or drains that we need. This is covered by a plate and a screw and is what Foster wanted to crawl into. Ryan thought it was cute and decided to go along with it and take the covering off to show him the hole in the wall, thinking that would be the end of it. To say the least he was wrong! This is how I remember the conversation went:

Foster: Dad pleeeeease, I want to ummmm...go inthere.

Dad: No Foster, you won't fit, and there is nothing in there but pipes.

Andrew: FOSTER, there is a magical bunny and lots of neat things to look at.

Foster: Yeah Dad, I just fit my ummm... head and then ummmm... my foot and knee and then I in.

Dad: NO, don't listen to Andrew he is just teasing you. (to Andrew) dirty look, you better stop it.
Andrew: No really Foster there is a whole neat world in there with fairies.
Foster: Pleeeeeeease Dad Pleeeeeeease, I want to see the snow and bunny!!!!!
Dad: No it's time to go to bed everyone!
Everyone : crying and/or aaaaawwwwhh! etc...etc...etc
No more "Alice in Wonderland" for a while at our house or I might have to lock up the screw drivers!