Tuesday, August 11, 2009

SO MANY THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR

So I can't sleep tonight. Ryan is still at the other house working fixing stuff that we not sure why we are fixing (that's a whole other can of worms that may or may not be discussed later). The song that just keeps playing through my head is "Count Your Blessings".

Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings every doubt will fly
and you will be singing as the days go by.

So amid the conflict, whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged; God is over all.
Count your many blessings; angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.

I have so much to be thankful for.
I have a testimony that Jesus Christ lives.
I know why I'm here.
I have the blessing of temple promises.
I have the most supportive, kind, loving, and sympathetic husband I could ask for.
I have four almost 5 sweet children.
I have numerous inspired friends who look after me by:
calling, bringing me treats, cleaning my house, helping to pack and unpack, making me dinner, watching my kids and throwing me parties.
I have family that will drop everything when I need help, over and over again.
And the list goes on and on...

With that on my side how can I get discouraged when I am so lovingly taken care of...
And this week I have found myself singing...
...although it was a strange Elton John's song "I'm Still Standing"
The next song I want to be singing is "MR. MOM"
Maybe I will be able to go to bed, now that I have all of that out of me.

No comments: