Monday, July 27, 2009

New Post

So much has happened I need to get it out of my head. I would have posted sooner but I have packed my camera battery charger away and cannot find it along with a lot of other things that I need. So I cannot take pictures, or have anything to inspire my posts.
We did finally move and are enjoying more room. The kids are delighted that they do not need to stack their bunk beds but can have their own bed to themselves. We are also enjoying the pool and being able to go swimming whenever we want. It also happens to be a good motivator to get things done like chores and homework. The bills haven't caught up with us yet so for now it is bliss, I might sing another tune in a month.
School has started off with a bang and it has been good. Andrew is in Mrs. Samorono's 5th grade class. He is excited to use the smart board that is in their classroom. Lilly is in Mrs. Henson's 3rd grade class and likes it so far. She keep saying though that the best part of her day was seeing Mrs. Hollywood, her old teacher. Abigail is now in 1st grade and stays at school all day. She is really adjusting well to the longer day and Mrs. Martin is very good for her. Her only problem is to figure out the bathroom breaks and give herself enough time to get there. The kindergarten room had it's own bathroom and now she has to use the big ones in the hall by herself but I am sure she will get the hang of it. Foster started preschool and we both loved his teacher but I got a call today that he is actually going to the wrong site and should be going to Cieniga HS for his preschool so he will change classes tomorrow. Foster took the bus today for the first time like a big boy without even looking back. I am glad that it was an actual mini bus because if a white van had shown up Foster would have been upset and we would have had problems.
As for me I am still very pregnant. I am getting itchy feet about wanting to have this baby. Even though I still have too much to do I want an excuse to stop it all and just sit. I know the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence but I am ready to be just me again. This will probably be a long two weeks waiting. I should have brainwashed myself that I was due August 15th so that this wouldn't happen, but here I am being anxious about every little cramp. My sisters threw me a surprise baby shower which was a wonderful distraction where I got my toes painted, ate good food, got to relax and chat with family and friends. I need something like that everyday to keep my mind off of "when am I going to have this baby already?". Oh well, do I have a choice anyway, they come when they come.
Hopefully if my day does get productive I will find the magic box that is holding all of the things that I am missing (crib sheets, baby blankets, my back scrubber for the shower, camera charger cords, dog nail clippers, etc...) and I will have more to say tomorrow.

3 comments:

TrishAnderson said...

Glad the move went well and that everyone is adjusting to school. Hopefully sooner rather than later you will be enjoying a new little bundle in your household! I will pray that you find your "magic box"

familywithfivekids said...

Will you let me know if there is anything the Laurels and I can do for you? (Julia may be calling you). :) I'm so glad the move went well. I try to 'check in' on you with others to hear how things are going with your family (without being one more phone call with questions for you to answer).
I didn't even realize that Andrew and Chase were in the same class - my son tells me nothing! lol...

natalieandderyk said...

I can't believe you have a fifth grader!! Good luck with the upcoming addition. :-)