Monday, February 2, 2009

Groundhog Day


Sometimes it seems like everyday is groundhog day. I repeat the same actions over and over. I experiment with different reactions to the same situation day after day. Sometimes I tell myself "I'm not doing it that way again!" or I say "OK, new rule!" (that's my kids favorite by the way). But everyday I get to practice. Shhh...don't tell my kids. Good thing we have a Father in Heaven that knows what we need. I think that I need to repeat things a good 1000 times at least before I get the hang of whatever it is.

Life is great even when it is groundhog day over and over. It is easy to slip into a nonsensical world with children and try new things, make a different approach, hit the pause button, react with more grace and eventually be a better mom. I think that the next time we watch Alice in Wonderland, I will find many similarities with Alice. While my kids would say that I have similarities with the Queen of Hearts. Either way, in the end we all make it home.

No comments: