Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Joys of Potty Training!

Spring break. Lots of fresh air. Trips to the park and museum. Hiking. That sounds like fun doesn't it? Well that was the exact opposite of our spring break. We stayed in doors, tied to a timer that would beep every 15 minutes. The first week didn't go so well. But we persisted Foster and I and had our breakthrough last Tuesday. Foster went potty in the toilet all by himself without me even knowing it. Yea!! Yesterday we had our number two breakthrough after reading him three books sitting on the kitchen floor, it was tough but we did it. I know that this is just the beginning of the road but we are on our way. It is a silly thing to get excited about but if you've been there you all know what I mean!

This was our first accident but a step in the right direction. Unfortunately it was a huge coincidence that he happen to be next to the potty when it happened.
At first I moved aside the table and took all the toys onto the kitchen floor to minimize accident on the carpet. I know, I know wishful thinking. He also didn't like the idea of going around naked, none of the other kids minded at all.

Next we tried bringing the potty to where ever I was. He would sit on the potty watching TV. He would sit in the den by the computer. He would sit in the kitchen while we made lunch or dinner. That in itself was a big deal because at the beginning he was afraid to sit on the toilet or little potty. I would just remind myself "Baby steps, baby steps..."
It finally turned out but I'll save you from that image.

2 comments:

The Cluff's said...

So...the day has finally come to potty train? I know you were dreading it! No worries about not calling...I have been keeping busy:)

TrishAnderson said...

I hope it is still working for you. Way to be creative in the world of potty training.